The University of Arizona Project GO offers fully-funded scholarships for the Summer in Morocco program.
About the Program
Located in the imperial city of Meknes, Morocco, the program is an 8-week intensive Arabic immersion program with courses offered in Modern Standard Arabic (MSA) and Colloquial Moroccan dialect. The Arizona Project GO program is hosted by the Arab American Language Institute In Morocco (AALIM), a leading establishment for teaching Arabic as a foreign language in Morocco and home to other distinguished programs such as the Arabic Flagship Program and the Critical Language Scholarship Program.
This eight-week program runs from June 03, 2024 to August 04, 2024.
You'll spend 20 hours a week in classroom setting for a period of 8 weeks with an additional 4 hours of tutoring or language partner meetings weekly. You'll also complete a security course consisting of 5 sessions with guest expert speakers on the region.
Modern Standard Arabic courses include:
- Year One (ARB 101-102)
- Year Two (ARB 401-402)
- Year Three (ARB 405-406)
- Year Four (ARB 407-408)
You will also be introduced to the Moroccan Arabic Dialect (Darija) for daily usage.
Summer in Morocco at a Glance
- Well-trained, motivated and supportive instructors and staff
- Accommodating and caring administration
- School located in the heart of the old medina
- Beautiful learning setting in an old building with traditional architecture equipped with modern amenities and technology
- Rich excursions around the city (markets, historical sites, popular attractions)
- Weekend trips to Volubilis, Tangier, Asila and the desert in Merzouga
- Host families for the duration of the program
- One-on-one interaction with peer native speakers
- A chance to experience life in one of Morocco's historical cities
- Full culture and language immersion in-country!
Apply to the Program
Pre-requisites: Prerequisites for applicants wanting to take Year 2 and above courses: must have at least one year of MSA or equivalent.
You can apply to the 2024 University of Arizona Project GO Summer in Morocco online.
Applications are now open! Apply here: https://apply.iie.org/projectgo
The following expenses related to the Summer in Morocco are covered by Project GO scholarships:
- $80 fee to register with the Study Abroad office
- Homestays with Moroccan families (breakfast and dinner included)
- Partial board on excursions
- Airfare expenses (up to $1,900)
- Transfer between airport overseas and housing accommodations at beginning and end of program.
- Health insurance
- Visa fees
- Meal and travel stipend
Visit the National Project GO website for detailed program information.